PDA

View Full Version here: : G11 counterweights

Exfso
24-01-2006, 09:55 AM
With all the extra stuff I have added to my G11, I find I now have balance issues. I need another 11lb or 5kg weight so that I can get balance correct. I dont suppose anyone here makes suitable weights to fit the Losmandy G11 or would have a suitable weight they no longer need. It costs an arm and a leg to get them new/overseas. Any ideas/help much appreciated

Peter

Robby
24-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Just take one of you existing one to a local machine shop. They are pretty easy to make for womeone with the right gear (so long as you don't ask them to mill "LOSMANDY" into it :D". Last one I got made was $40 complete with paint and threaded hole for tightening bolt.
Cheers

Exfso
24-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks Robby, will do a yellow pages search.

Striker
24-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I have a genuine loasmandy 21pound for sale $70 plus $20 postage...

Exfso
24-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Tony, I might be interested in that one. Question though, apparently the G11 is limited to about 60 lbs capacity. When calculating this figure, I gather that they also include the counterweights. That being the case, I already would have 42lb before I add the telescopes and plates, the total would then be around 75lb given the weight of the TOA plus ED80 plus side by side saddle plus male to male dovetail. If the carrying capacity does not include the couterweights I am ok. Any thoughts on the matter?

Cheers

Peter

Striker
24-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Can't Help you there Peter...I dont want to feed you any false info just for a sale....I have 2 x 9kg weights on my bar....I am under the impression you are better of putting more weight slightly up the bar then less all at the end....something to do with bar flex...but dont quote me on this.

I have a good 2 inches left on the bottom of my bar.

Is anyone you know going to Lostock as I am taking it there if anyone needs 1.....can save you $20 postage.

I'm happy for you to try it before buying it.....it's just postage is the killer.

rumples riot
24-01-2006, 04:22 PM
What about going to a gym shop and buying a couple of weights, then go down to metal fabricators and get a locking ring made for each end of the weight. Cheap at half the price.

Besides I think payload does not include the weights. I think it only includes the scopes and plates.

Exfso
25-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Have PM'd you Tony, if it is still available. No one I know is going to Lostock.

Peter

Striker
25-01-2006, 01:35 PM
PM has been received and replied too.

I too think trading your Tak 130 for my genuine Losmandy 21 pound weight is a fair bargain too.....hehe

Thanks Peter.