PDA

View Full Version here: : Pix Insight

gregbradley
23-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Is anyone using this program?

Their site says you can download a 30 day trial. I have requested that twice over 2 weeks and you get ignored. Obviously not a US Company. How does one get the trial?

Greg.

RobF
23-01-2011, 11:00 PM
You have to be prepared to invest the hours to come to grips with it, but fantastic bang for buck. I initially had the same problems with a Yahoo (or Google? - can't remember) email address in that their response was going to the auto SPAM folder. Might be worth checking or trying another email address.

I believe the trial period is out to 45 days now too. Harry Page's tutorials are invaluable as a starting point. (Warning, you WILL end up purchasing after a couple of weeks of playing with old images and watching tutorial videos.....:)). Juan is a very motivated developer.

h0ughy
23-01-2011, 11:31 PM
yep what he said ^^^^^ - its all i use for processing now

cfranks
24-01-2011, 06:18 AM
^^^^ +1

Charles

gregbradley
24-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for that. I got the trial now. It seems a lot different to Photoshop.

I guess I need to start with the tutorials to understand it.

Any tips?

Greg.

wysiwyg
24-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Greg,

I trialled this software earlier last year and at that time I just did not have enough time to invest in learning it. Its very different to photoshop in many ways, the workflow especially. Its just a different way of doing things and takes time to adjust hence why many people steer away from it initially.
I agree this is something you have to invest a few weeks into, but from what I heard its very worth it and I'm sure in the relative future it will become the weapon of choice for processing images.

Meaning to take the plunge myself eventually just need to find the time :)

Mark

h0ughy
24-01-2011, 05:53 PM
start with the basic ones from Harry then move on to the intermediate ones - then go and watch the actual pixinsight demonstrations that Juan has done.

RobF
24-01-2011, 07:32 PM
And you can always duck back into PS as you need to as you gradually learn more about PI. It takes a while to recognise what functions do what and how powerful they are, then longer again to become proficient at applying them. Although the interface if very different to PS, you could argue its more "scientific" and reproducible.