PDA

View Full Version here: : More mods to the L200 going...

sheeny
18-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm batching tonight, so for the first time in a couple of months I haven't had guests or family to entertain... so finally I've got a chance to play with the Spectra L200.

After imaging the sun this afternoon, I set up to try to set the focus on from the L200 to the ST8. I found a few little problems to solve.

The weight of the ST8 is proving a little problematic. I had modified my 2" EP holder to include a second locking screw to secure the Vixen flip mirror and spectroscope and camera, but despite the screws being tight, the 2" EP holder unscrewed:P:lol:. More muscle required there next time.

The other area where the weight is a problem is the Baader sliding focusser. Depending on orientation the camera moves in the focuser. I went through the motions practicing focussing the ST8 on the slit/grating anyway, but I'll have to do some mods to add more locking screws to secure the camera once I get it focussed for real.

Does anyone know of a good supplier of M3 or M4 thumbscrews?:P ATM I'm just using ordinary SS screws and a screw driver, but the right sort of thumb screws would make a very professional job of it;).

Al.

Merlin66
19-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Al,
Sounds like you're having fun!
I use the Baader T thread but with the Atik16 haven't found, obviously, the problems you have...
If pain persists let me know I have a stock of M4 nylon thumbscrews

sheeny
19-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks Ken.

Did you get them turned up specially for the L200?

Its not a biggy... normal screws will work fine, but some matching EP holder type thumbs screws would look the part.

Al.