PDA

View Full Version here: : Sky Safari - updates

Omaroo
11-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi all

Sky Safari (iDevices) update:

1) now supports the Southern Stars SkyWire serial cable for direct telescope control

2) now able to output mirror of current display to an external TV

dannat
12-01-2011, 06:04 PM
thanks chris -will odwnload -i wish they could make it a smaller file (nit as bad as my navigation software that wants to update every fewd ays at 700mB a peice

danielsun
15-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks Chris, Updated mine just in time for my skywire which should be arriving any day now.:thumbsup:

pmrid
19-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Chris - I got my SkyWire yesterday and am going to give it a whirl later today (rain or shine). But I haven't heard about this ability to output a display to an external monitor. This can't be a feature of the iPod can it - specially if the SkyWire is connected. How does it work?

Peter

Omaroo
19-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Peter - no, not with the SkyWire cable, as such. With the SkyFi (WiFi) unit you communicate wirelessly, of course, so the 30-pin connector is free and can accommodate the video-out cable instead. I plan to use both scenarios at some stage or other.

TheFacelessMen
22-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I have been using Sky Safari for a little while now and the SkyWire looks like a great option to get around some niggling issues with the SkyFi connection dropouts that still happen on occassion.

I have been a little dissapointed though with some of the changes since the company was "Restructured". It seems they are focusing a lot on cosmetic changes rather than adding a lot of real productive functions that were hinted at in the early days. From the cosmetics perspective this app is streets ahead of others so this I wish they would get back on-track.

Perhaps it is just a temporary thing but it has made me now look towards other options.

Omaroo
22-01-2011, 04:30 PM
According to Tim Benedictus, there's plenty in the works Rob... :thumbsup: