PDA

View Full Version here: : FSQ-106ED Versions

Hans Tucker
24-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Could any Takahashi guru's tell me what the differences are between the FSQ-106ED, FSQ-106EDX II, and FSQ-106EDX III apart from the inclusion of a CAA.

gregbradley
25-12-2010, 08:54 PM
As I recall originally the 106ED had the CAA. It was taken out in the EDX and replaced with a couple of dovetail adapters that were seen as more practical and taking up less backfocus I think.

Not sure about the EDX11 and 111. I believe the EDX111 has no captains wheel and that is replaced by a solid part. The captains wheel was widely regarded as a potential problem and usually kept tightened up and not used particularly as the adapters or CAA enabled you to easily rotate the camera.

I guess the captains wheel is a potential source of flexure with a heavy load. There are a number of people complaining about flexure in the focuser under heavy load like a Proline, filter wheel and MMOAG.
I don't know if this handles that. There is an adjustment you can do on the focuser to tighten it up if there is some flexure. Not sure how successful it is. Mine seems OK but I haven't used it with a MMOAG but I may be shortly.

Greg.