PDA

View Full Version here: : New BinoViewer...!!

FlashDrive
22-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Got this BinoViewer today....yet to test out because of constant rain.
Came as a kit with 2 x 20mm eye pieces and 1 x 1.8 barlows.
Made by Williams Optics.
Andrews Comm's have them in stock.

Osirisra
22-12-2010, 07:41 PM
You have done now it Collin! I have been thinking about binoviewers and now that I have seen yours you made me order a set :)

FlashDrive
22-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I did a quick test from my balcony....pointed scope towards neighbour's roof across the road....could easily read the small lettering on their Solar Panels....very crisps views I might add....You won't be disappointed Ken....:D
Being able to use both eyes to view makes using a Scope so more comfortable.

stellarquest
27-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for posting. Now might finally be the right time to invest. Congrats!

Ric
28-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi Colin, I've been considering a binoviewer kit foe a while now.

I'll be keen to hear of your impressions when you get first light with them.

Cheers

Osirisra
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I finally got to the put the first lot of photons through my binoviewers last night and it was spectacular. the Orion Neb was the first thing I lined up and once it come into focus the view totally me blew away, absolutely stunning eye strain less sight with a 3D like depth. I spent the next couple of hours looking at Nebs, Open and closed clusters, Galaxy's and Saturn and the views through the binos were brilliant. The reviews are very correct on these viewers, they are a beautiful well made bit of kit for a small price and well worth every cent.

Ric
09-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the followup report Ken

I like the idea of the 3D depth of field. Do you notice or perceive any more colour using two eyes.

I think I might have to start saving the pennys.

Cheers

Osirisra
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
With the lack of eyestrain and using both eyes there is a noticeable increase in the colour contrast and depth.

I am really looking forward to having another go with the binoviewers tonight.

FlashDrive
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey Ken.....Glad you have your new binoViewer....I to had first light on Orion Nebula......and was blown away by the use of both eyes.....You are quite correct about the 3D effect.....depth of field is really something. Worth every cent alright......:thumbsup:
Can't wait for all this rain to leave us alone and give us back the night sky.

Cheers......Enjoy.....:D

Ric
10-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Colin / Ken

Does the weight of the binoviewers affect the tracking in any way? Do you feel that there may be a need for counterweights at the end of the scope?

Cheers

Osirisra
10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
The weight dose not seem to be a issue on my LX90 in regards to the tracking/slewing. My LX90 is front heavy from stock even with weights it is still front heavy but with the binos it is closer to balanced. If your scope is rear heavy by default you made need to add some weight but all depends on the amount of over balancing.

rmcconachy
10-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm glad you like your binoviewers Ken. I find your comment about "3D like depth" interesting, I've heard other people mention it too but the only time I notice such an effect is when observing the Moon. I'm not saying that you don't see it (everybody's perception is a bit different) and I really like binoviewing for brighter objects (Moon, planets, brighter/high contrast deep sky objects) but for me the main advantage is comfort. Comfort is important because in general the longer I look at something the more detail I will see. Clear skies!

FlashDrive
10-01-2011, 08:27 PM
You hit it right on the head....Comfortable and more detail as you linger and look.......:thumbsup:

FlashDrive
10-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Ric.....Will let you know when my new LX90 ACF arrives this week.
My current scope is not a "go to " arrangement or tracking capable.
Is only a manual Bintel Sky View II Alt Az Mount.

I only hope the roads will be open to let the freight through.
My LX90 is in the back of a freight liner....somewhere.....:(