PDA

View Full Version here: : Interesting App

mswhin63
10-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi,

One of my issues is that my wife does not enjoy the night sky viewing with me, not so much for the night sky itself but as she is deaf and sign language as first language she can't talk to me (boring). I found this app that I hope to be useful, and not just for me.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-dictation/id341446764?mt=8

I think it may be good for observers to voice dictate their viewing which could be done with handsfree set or something.
I dont know how well it works but I tried some small tests. I hope that I will be able to talk at night to my wife and she can read what I am saying.

telemarker
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I've looked into this one before. You can only get it if you have an itunes account in the countries that Dragon computing supports with this app, not Australia. They have no plans on releasing here. Annoyed.

mswhin63
10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Now available in Australia, Got an email from them yesterday. I have installed it already, seems to work OK.

telemarker
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Yay!! I had emailed them several months ago and got the negative response. This is good news, was wanting to use this. :D

Thanks for the update Malcolm. :thumbsup:

Osirisra
10-12-2010, 04:16 PM
On a side note and as I have done, you can create a second itunes account with some random US address and different e-mail to allow downloading of the American only apps.