PDA

View Full Version here: : Great Ipad app for online mags.

White Rabbit
21-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi Guys.

Just downloaded an app for the ipad (available on iphone also) called Zinio. It's a magazine app so you can download magazines to your ipad, lots of science mags on it. Sadly Cosmos, sky and telescope arnt available but there are a few astro mags on there from Canada and the UK.

You can pay for a single mag or pay for a subscription.

I dont think I'll be buying paper mags again, so come on Sky and Telescope and get online....

I should state that I have nothing to do with the app in anyway other then a user.

Cheers.
Sandy

JethroB76
28-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Sandy, the US S&T e-magazine can be downloaded as a PDF, I think you can get a trial issue, have you tried this on the Ipad?

Omaroo
28-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Zinio is great. I've had it for months and use it to buy my National Geographics in interactive form. 12 monthly issues (each 130 pages plus) for US$16 or thereabouts. Brilliant.

Octane
28-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey Chris,

I just got Zinio tonight. I can't seem to find National Geographic in the list of magazines.

I'm wondering, is the app smart enough to figure out what magazine is available on what device, and filters based on that? That is, National Geographic may not be available for iPod and iPhone users, but, it is for iPad users?

There are so many magazines there that I'd probably go broke if I subscribed to everything that caught my fancy!

H

Omaroo
28-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Humayun - go to "Science & Tech" and then "Nature". the latest is the November edition entitled "Great Migrations". Fantastic!

Octane
28-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, the iPhone version doesn't seem to have a sub-category. If you go into Science & Tech, you are presented with a big list of magazines.

H

Omaroo
29-11-2010, 09:40 AM
:sadeyes: Better put an iPad on your list then.... ;)