PDA

View Full Version here: : DSS issue "out of memory"

mswhin63
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi All,

I have an i7 64bit with 4G RAM but I want to use 2 or 3 x Drizzle feature but everytime I use it I get "out of memory" and occurs at the same point evertime.

I have also made some changes to reduce the final image size but still no effect. I have heard that most computers can't use this but I am sure my computer is powerful enough.

I had a look at performance manager while processing and saw that the it didn't use that much RAM and program never exceeded 1G while running and total PC RAM usage never exceeded 3G

Any ideas.

mithrandir
10-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Is DSS 64 bit? If it is 32 bit it can only use about 2.5-3G at most.

If it's 64 bit, how big can your page file get? You can only use real memory plus page file less a bit, and that includes everything running at that time.

I'm of the opinion that if you really want 64 bit performance you need at least 6G if triple channel, 8G if dual channel. Preferably the maximum RAM your motherboard will support.

mswhin63
10-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I was considering that but wanted to avoid it if possible, I think my laptop can go up to 16G. Paging file is nearly 6G.

It is a 64bit computer but I think DSS is only 32bit so it may not work anyway.

All my searches show that a lot of people are having problems with this but no resolutions to it.

mswhin63
11-11-2010, 01:53 AM
After checking images before found the Autosave.tif was save and just opened it in DSS and finished the job.