PDA

View Full Version here: : Fitting an Argo Navis to an EQ mount ????

Inmykombi
20-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone put there can tell me if its worth putting an Argo Navis onto an EQ5 mount ( Skywatcher in my case ):confused2:

I dont know how it will work on an equatorial mount as I have never seen it done.

Can anyone let me know before I spend my hard earned dollars....:D

Cheers and happy observing....

Steffen
20-10-2010, 06:33 PM
There is a mount hardware kit (http://www.wildcard-innovations.com.au/kits/pn-eq5-sw-spec_describe.html) for the EQ5, so I'm going to say yes (it'll work).

That said, the Argo Navis computer plus encoders plus mount hardware costs as much as an HEQ5 Pro (with SynScan).

Cheers
Steffen.

Inmykombi
20-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi Steffan,
I know there is a kit for EQ5's but I have never seen it done and want to know how it performs.

And I agree , the price would be around the same as a SYNSCAN kit or maybe more..

Thx for the reply.

Geoffro

snowyskiesau
20-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I have an Argo Navis mounted on a Celestron SP mount which is very similar to the EQ5.
It works as advertised - extremely well!

Alchemy
21-10-2010, 05:42 AM
I just bought the Argonavis unit a week or two ago, due largely to outstanding reports about it, haven't tested it under the sky yet, but was the best alternative to goto I could find. I have tinkered with the setup and read the HUGE manual, it's actually very intuitive so I'm happy with my purchase and looking forward to using it.

Inmykombi
21-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks Geoff and Clive for giving me that feedback.

Sounds like its worth considering.

Cheers.

geoffro