PDA

View Full Version here: : solve one problem another takes its place lol.

stanlite
19-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi all i noticed the other night that there is a slight wobble in the connection of my RA axis to the mount. After reading around i think i have found what the problem is namily a loose gear or connection inside (or even a coat of paint) from when it was constructed the solution pull it all apart find said loose bit and fix. my question is would it be worth while doing a hypertune at the same time or not. I have a NEQ6 pro that is being used for imagin. by the looks of it my PE peaks at 7arc seconds to -10 arc seconds over a cycle although i need more data to check (that was only 10mins worth run through PECPrep). also if it appears hypertune is worth it should i also go for the Complete worm gear ceramic hybrid ball bearing set that i can get from
http://www.deepspaceproducts.com/default.asp?Q=New_Atlas_DIY_HyperTu ne_Kit
here

Jutscher
20-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi,
I have a similar problem, noticed that the RA axis has a little bit of play, and I think is producing a little bit more noise under mod loading. I decided to go for the hyper tune with bearings (after getting good reviews) prior to determining the problem, as I might as well do the tune while I am in there. Hopefully I haven't bent a worm. I am yet to strip the mount down, as I have exams in two weeks, but will attempt it shortly after. Can let you know how it goes if you're still undecided.
Good luck