PDA

View Full Version here: : EQ6 and Synscan question

matt
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Is there a way to reset the Synscan (SkyScan) hand controller?

Maybe a "return to factory settings" or "return to default" function?

I've also completely lost my Park position:confuse2:

Thanks

Astroman
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
As far as I am aware Synscan has no factory reset built into it. Have you tried the manual?

http://www.skywatchertelescope.com/Downloads/SynScan210305V1.pdf

May give you a few ideas, sorry can't be any more help.

rumples riot
08-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah I don't know about that either. How did you loose the park position? Can you put the scope back in the park position and reset it?

Also I noted that you should start the scope in the polar position (park position) to do your star alignment. Maybe try that and do your alignment and then see if you can park the scope in the correct position.

Thats all I can think of at this stage.

Striker
08-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Like Paul said.....just start in Polar position and thats where it should return when asked to park.

What other setting as so wrong that you want default settings....all you need to change is time date and cordinates.

matt
08-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Who says anything's wrong, Tony????:P

I might just be curious how you do that? I might want to clear out a few incorrectly entered and stored user defined options?

It's handy to know, in case you stuff up and want to reset.

Could be anything. Could be nothing. But I just thought I'd ask. That's what forums are for, buddy. To ask big questions... and little questions.

If you find my questions irritating, ignore them old son:)

But thanks guys for your suggestions.

There's no direction in the manual as to how to clear the stored stuff in the hand controller but that doesn't mean there's not a way to do it. I've found these user manuals are not exactly what you'd describe as "thorough":lol:

Striker
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Where did you get that impression Matt...if I found your question irritating I wouldn't of even bothered replying.

I was just trying to understand the reason why you needed default settings...maybe there was something else that was wrong that we could have helped you with that you didn't mention on your original post...thats all.

matt
08-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Apologies. Just the way that second sentence came over... with the "anyway' bit.:)

Sounded like L-A Valley Girl 'tude

h0ughy
08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Righto guys ,each pick a goto subject and choof of to that location for a while to muse the heavens.

I agree with all of the above with respect to changing things on the synscan. Park is the polar position. You have it reset everytime you turn it on, it takes the last know start point at initiation as the parked postion.

Happy EQ6ing fellas

matt
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks Houghy:)

Only got the Synscan a few weeks ago. Still got lots to learn and plenty of fairly basic questions to ask.

Glad there's help here when you need it.

No dramas

Astroman
08-01-2006, 09:58 PM
WOW thanks guys, didnt know thats how park was determined, I will keep that in the back of my mind when/if I get one :) if I ever sell the Obs LOL.

matt
08-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Y'see Andrew ... if you don't ask the question.... :P

Glad I did, for both of us!

Striker
09-01-2006, 01:53 PM
And also remember if you train your drives with PEC make sure you do park the scope before turning the skyscan off...if you dont park the scope before turning the skyscan off you will loose your pec training...meaning you will have to Pec train your drives again.

This will also happen if you lost power or hand control locks up...anything that prevents you from going back to the park position will cancell out you PEC training.

Hope this helps.

Matt...that "Anyway" does sound ordinery...I will delite it.

matt
09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Not a prob mate.

No damage done. Got skin as thick as an elephant and a head to match!:lol:

Appreciate you coming back to the thread and helping out:)

h0ughy
09-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Mr Striker is always great value :wink2: , just ask him :P . BTW his bill is $2.99 per sentence, and if it actually helps you fix your problem there is the $50 call up fee and the LAN tax to pay as well. All up I think you owe him $70.93 :P .

asimov
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Done my time in yahoo chat rooms to work out what's an 'internet misinterpretation' & what's not lol.

PLUS GST Meister!

matt
09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
What I wanna know Houghy is how the bill was already at my place at 3.45 this morning, pinned to the door, when I left to go to work?:scared:

Has he got some efficient evil flying monkey air squad or what?!

asimov
09-01-2006, 04:24 PM
It's called 'the Tardis' Matt! :whistle:

Striker
09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
hahahaha.....

The first one is always free...then I charge double for the rest....

Matt...you will find the bill pinned to your door is from the Houghy Foundation in small print on the back.....bin it.....he is a copy cat trying to take advantage of old Astronomers.

matt
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
:lol: Thanks for the tip Asi and Striker.

I'll keep an eye out from now on, watching closely through my 13mm Nagler that arrived only hours ago courtesy of Rodstar!!!!!

NAGLER baby, Yeaaaaaaaaah!:P

h0ughy
09-01-2006, 04:55 PM
:lol: :lol: @ tony

Astroman
09-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I find all the information on the EQ6 from users very interesting and I try and soak as much info on it in as much as possible, if I ever get rid of this observatory, I will be buying one. All the little things that make it easier to understand.