PDA

View Full Version here: : just bought 2 LG GW620 phones - now what is a good astro app?

h0ughy
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
well i hunted for an unlocked phone so i could use my prepaid telstra on it for me and my wife. but it runs android 1.5 so what astro aps can i use on it - and how do i download and load it?:help:

Omaroo
10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I think that Android is a little limited in this aspect David, but there is Google Sky Map. It isn't anything more that a junior planetarium, and doesn't show coordinates or anything else useful. I'm interested to see what you find, as a mate of mine decided to go Android and is asking similar questions just because I'm into astronomy.

acropolite
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
LOL Chris posted just before I did, apparently Google Sky Map will work, but I suspect that it would want 3G or Wi-Fi for download. This forum (http://www.androidforum.net.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28)might be a good place to ask a question although the membership looks a bit thin on the ground.

h0ughy
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
thanks guys - i think LOL

Omaroo
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
This is off the Carina Mobile (Voyager) website David:

From the website of StarMap Pro:

I think they'll all be of the same opinion until Android becomes important enough to them. It's moving quickly (in terms of initial sales) but has a hell of a way to go in total numbers until there's a large market for it yet. At least Carina isn't discounting it!

Windows 7 / Android / Blackberry :( eek!

h0ughy
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
ok i bought something that hasnt taken of yet LOl but the price was right (i thought ) and it had GPS 5mp camera and the thing that got me was larger qwerty keys for my wife to use texting. its also got wifi and bluetooth (not that id use that), so i am hoping that i can use it for free at internet hotspots etc when travelling and no data costs for my usage on 3g

Omaroo
15-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Here's something to make you smile a little David - although your phones may be worn out by the time anything comes along:

www.southernstars.com

The Carina Mobile company has transformed. Should be good news for you guys with the "other" phones ;)

h0ughy
15-10-2010, 03:22 PM
the other mobile user thanks you