PDA

View Full Version here: : Toucam adapter.

asimov
06-01-2006, 04:26 AM
I like shiny things too Robert_T ;)

But does anyone think I should be painting my toucam adapter flat-black on the inside? I bought the raw aluminium one. :confuse3:

Astroman
06-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Hell, I would have thought this was done as standard. I would do it if I had one.

Dennis
06-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi Asimov

Mine came with a shiny aluminium adapter too. I roughed up the inside with a metal file and then sprayed it flat black. I still get a "hot spot" when I am imaging the Sun so I need to chase down an internal reflection somewhere.

Cheers

Dennis

Robert_T
06-01-2006, 08:43 AM
:lol: , ok shiny inside not as good as shiny outside. The neximage comes with blackened barrel so I haven't had the problem.

Sounds like Dennis has already fixed this - my only concern is that particles of matt paint would drift off onto the detector and become a source of dust bunnies :confuse3:

cheers,

rumples riot
06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah need to do this myself. Been using it for over year without spraying the inside. Might not make too much difference though.

asimov
06-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I could have bought the anodized black adapter but went with the shiny one because it was cheaper. I'll paint it one day.

Thanks all.

mick pinner
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
even flat black on the inside will give reflections because of the small inside diameter (not enough area for the light to dissapate), roughing up the inside first will scatter the light and therefore stop direct light rays from bouncing into each other causing reflections.

asimov
06-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I've never had any reflection problems or anything like that to date, so perhaps I'll just leave it as is. Why *fix* something that's not broken..

Thanks Mick.