PDA

View Full Version here: : Mods to Skywatcher 12" GO-TO Dob

Louwai
14-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Well I've decided to play around with the 12" seeing it's not my primary scope & I can have it pulled apart for an extended time without frustration.

Things I want to do to it are;
1) Right Angle finder
2) Primary mirror fan
3) 2ndry heater
4) Finder heater x 2
5) EP Heater
6) Telrad
7) Motor Focuser (maybe - not decided yet)
8) Powered Ground Board.

I just need to figure out how to get the power from the ground board onto the tube to power the heaters & the fan.
Then the 2nd problem is how to get all the wiring up the truss to the top of the tube.

Have been thinking of wiring up the tube nice & neat so that all cabling terminates at a socket somewhere close to the pivot point on one side of the tube.
Then I can have a coiled (stretchy) cable plugged into this socket & into a socket on the ground board.
That should be easy enough & will allow full movement of the tube without issue.
I think I might do the same thing to get the wiring across the truss expanse as well.
Maybe I could run up the inside of a truss tube, but then there's the issue of what happens when the truss slides back down to collapse.

Anyone got any ideas on how to attach all the wiring to the tube so that it's nice & neat?? And then also any ideas about what to do around the truss???

Cheers, B