PDA

View Full Version here: : Tasco 10x50 Bino's

renormalised
04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Picked myself up a pair of Tasco 10x50 bino's (http://www.tasco.com.au/Products/CategoryID/124/List/1/Level/a/ProductID/70.aspx) whilst I was out shopping today. Much lighter and easier to handle than my other pairs. Quite happy with my purchase:)

chris lewis
05-09-2010, 05:44 PM
As with most things optical 'you pay for what you get'. The main thing is that you get reasonable images and that you enjoy them. Tasco used to have a good name for optical products as they and they used to source from Japan but over the past few decades unfortunately the quality dropped as they sourced from China for the mass departmental market. The main concern is when you be under the stars as this will test the optics the most. Hopefully stars will be reasonable sharp on axis. The main thing however is to ensure and they are well collimated. The lens coatings are at the 'minimum' spec. so you may get some secondary ghostings.
Optical astronomy does not have to be expensive and if they give you reasonable images and you enjoy them then that is the main thing.

Chris