PDA

View Full Version here: : Announcing *another* new moderator

iceman
22-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi all.
The plan was to announce the 2 new moderators together, but it didn't turn out that way. Anyway better late than never, it's time to announce another new moderator who will ensure the forum guidelines are adhered to and to help keep things run smoothly around here.

Please join me in welcoming:

acropolite

to the Moderators group.

Phil has been a member since February, and in that time he's always carried himself well, has always been helpful and is well-respected by the community.

Phil is a worthy addition to our moderation team and please join me in congratulating him on his new role.

This ends the moderation recruitment phase, and between the 5 of us there's usually enough coverage at most times of the day to ensure there's no blatant breaches of the forum guidelines.

Welcome aboard, Phil!

Robert_T
22-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Congrats Phil - we promise to be good :)

vindictive666
22-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah Good One Phil

RB
22-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Good onya Phil.

Striker
22-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Congrats Phil....a worthy choice

davidpretorius
22-12-2005, 08:56 AM
oooooohhhhhh nooooooooo!

i thought tassie was safe and i could get away with anything i wanted to.

time to move to antarctica.

well done phil, about time they saw the light!

ving
22-12-2005, 09:05 AM
cya then davo :(

congrats phil... now do a good job or your fired :P

RB
22-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Antarctica ???? Watch out for ICEMAN.......... :cold:

[1ponders]
22-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the tribe Phil :thumbsup:

xstream
22-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Someone to hold hands with now. :lol:

Welcome Phil! They've been fairly kind so far. :scared:

Thiink
22-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Well done both Phil and John (may as well say congrats to you in here :)). Two worthy members to help keep the rest of us in line!

janoskiss
22-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Not another moderator!! :mad2: What chance does that give us spammers? :(
Congrats, Phil! :P

33South
22-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Well deserved Phil.
You were the one put me onto IIS from a post in the Yahoo-LX90 group as I recall.

norm
22-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Congrats !:)

ving
22-12-2005, 04:42 PM
so when do one of the spammers become a moderator? ;)

acropolite
22-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Ving wrote I think it's all to do with how many members you have poached from other forums. Thanks Guys I'll do my best.

Starkler
22-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Welcome aboard Phil :thumbsup:

[1ponders]
22-12-2005, 07:58 PM
We've thought about that ving as a form of punishment. You'd have to delete at least 5 posts a day from the each of the 5 worst spammers for 5 days :rofl:

ballaratdragons
22-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Phil a Moderator!!!!!!!! :eyepop:

That's like letting a kid loose in a lolly shop! :scared:

Geeez, what's this site coming to when a Spammer gets to Moderate? :lol:

Congrats Phil, good to see one of us from the Dark & Crazy side gets to infiltrate . . oops, I mean 'join' the Mod team :D

Does this mean you ain't gonna be one of us any more :sad:

acropolite
22-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Go gently on me fella's, I've just left the outpatients section at the hospital.
Last Sunday I drove a splinter under my thumbnail, Monday to the doctor, a local anaesthetic and a dig under my thumbnail and he announced it clean (I had my doubts). Today my thumb was looking pretty sad (was infected), so I went to the local hospital, only to have another doctor excavate under the nail, this time more brutally and with an anaesthetic that only half worked, but in pumping my thumb full of anaesthetic he managed to displace the pus from the infection. "There's nothing there, we'll bandage it give you some antibiotics and if its not better in a week come back and we'll ultrasound it" he announced. For a second time I told the learned gentleman the direction that the splinter went in and that it was in the flesh not directly under the nail (this was after he had seperated most of my nail from my thumb). He then proceded to dig in the general direction of the splinter and pulled it out. 10mm long, tapered and as wide as a matchstick. The sad thing is that all I really needed was the anaesthetic, I knew where the splinter was and could have pulled it out myself. If this description is too graphic please let me know and I'll make it my first moderating job.

ballaratdragons
22-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Moderators!!!!

Delete Phil's post please! It is gory, gruesome, sickly, un-called for and in bad taste!!!!! :rofl:

Phil, where's the photos?

fringe_dweller
23-12-2005, 12:38 AM
man o' man! a moderator with a sore thumb :scared: were up to five mods now :scared3:
congrats on the new stripes Phil, I will try to make your job easy - i am just gonna delete my posts in advance from now on ;)
well the lunatics are in charge of the asylum now eh? j/k j/k (comin from one of the biggest loonies that is :nerd: )
actually i dont remember you as a spammer? :confuse3: oh well to late anyway :)
do you accept travellers checks as bribes?
seriously good on ya