PDA

View Full Version here: : Tele Vue Powermate Price slash or maybe not

Hans Tucker
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Just looking over the Bintel ad in the July 2010 edition of Sky & Telescope...did you know you can get a Tele Vue 4X 2" Powermate for $135 :eyepop:....I wonder if Bintel will honour that price. And yes...I gather it's a typo.

Sarge
03-07-2010, 09:26 PM
In June I bought a 2" 2x Powermate for $359 from Bintel. Price in S&T was $326 (for month of June). They would not meet it. Something to do with the falling dollar! Strange how they already had it in stock before the dollar fell! Even so, it was worth every penny.
:confused2: but :D

Rod

Hans Tucker
03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
And people wonder why others purchase from overseas sellers rather than Australian retailers...:mad2: sorry I can accept typo mistakes but what you have described is deception particularly when they advertise the price and I bet without any caveats. On another note I am trying to decide whether to sell my 2.5X & 5X Powermates so I can buy a Baader FFC

astro744
04-07-2010, 07:02 AM
The ad in Jul'10 of AS&T is clearly a typo since it states $135, save $14. The ad also has a note on prices being subject to change due to currency fluctuations as does BINTEL's web site.

Hans Tucker
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
I did revisit their ad in the July 2010 AS&T and noted the subject to currency fluctuations clause...how convenient for them to include that..it lets them get away with what Rod described.

On the other topic of the typo price, I wouldn't really expect Bintel to sell for that low price but it would be interesting to see someone try given the haggling nature of Australians.