PDA

View Full Version here: : Lens adaptors?

apaulo
30-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone!

Has anyone come across lens adaptors for Digital SLRs? For example I have a pentax K-x and a whole list of nikon manual lens and I would like to use them for night sky photography. It would be such a same to leave them laying around. Yes I could of purchased a nikon dslr but I liked the pentax and it's options for low light photography. I have seen lens adaptors on ebay, but they're from China and I hate dealing with overseas ebay sellers. I am a fuss pot hey!
So does anyone have an adaptor? and how have you found it?

Best Regards Paul. :)

space oddity
30-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I am in the same situation. I have Pentax and Nikon gear. I bought such an adaptor to use a Nikon mount lens on the K10 d - not much cop I am afraid. Aperture did not work properly, but need more time to figure it out. There is something to be said for having 2 systems.You may be able to find a digital body on ebay so you can use those Nikon lenses. Mind you, some of the new DSLRs have very high ISO s with less noise than before. I am contemplating dumping all my Pentax gear and getting a Nikon D300s. All very frustrating I agree. Hopefully Pentax can get their act together or be bought out by an outfit that makes great chips. Do note, Hoya, who own Pentax, is looking at getting rid of Pentax.

apaulo
30-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, not to sure if I will dump the pentax to use the lens, I believe the Nikon d90 is compatible with the old lens too. I have been talking to my local camera vendor and he suggests that there seems to been a market for interchangable lens to different camera bodies. We might see better quality adaptors made by the majpr brands brought into the country. Better than relying on the nasty cheap China markets from ebay.
Thanks for your input, good luck with your endevours
Paul. :P

Ian Robinson
02-07-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm a lens cheapskate (I refuse to pay extortionate prices for Canon L glass).

So I have been rebirthing my old Minolta MD and MD clone manual focus lenses with a MD - EF adapter - has a lens in it so it shifts the focus not so good with the 58mm f1.2 , but that might be in the lens too , would be nice if I had PS so I could adjust for optical distortions.
Also have a couple of FD clone lenses , my FD-EF adapter works fine.
And an OM tele , the OM-EF adapter works great, no intervening lens.

I am told NIKON - EF adapters and PK-EF adapters do not have optics in them so the result should be extra good , if the lens is good to start with.

I don't mind using the old lenses manually, focusing, setting the opening the old fashioned way.

I bought all my adapters all via EBAY, and they all came from China, and are excellent IMO.

alexch
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Paul,
These guys make hight quality Nikon F Mount adaptors:
http://www.novoflex.com/

I have not used one yet but heard only good things about them.

Alex