PDA

View Full Version here: : IOTW Separate Dedicated Forum/Sticky Thread

Screwdriverone
28-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Hello dear intelligent, handsome, kindly and thoughtful Moderators,

Right...there is the grovelling out of the way!

My apologies if this has been mentioned before (or already exists somewhere)

Could we please have an IOTW sticky thread or sub forum dedicated to the winners of the IOTW so their images are in a collection easily browsed say like the monthly photo comp or similar?

I ask this as I was just admiring (with envy) Houghy's excellent lunar eclipse shot on this week's IOTW and as I was then checking APOD and scrolling back and forth through those....the thought hit me that IIS should have one...

Your thoughts? Is it possible?

I assume it might be difficult to dredge up the past winners entries (or not? I dunno) so, how about using Houghy's one as the inaugural IOTW sticky thread premiere image?

Of course, please point me in the right direction if I am being a lazy dill and this excellent website already has one of these.

Sincerely,

Chris.

Octane
29-06-2010, 12:49 AM
I second this notion.

For a different reason... I always just go straight to the forum page, and don't visit the home page. I suspect a lot of people do this.

H

MrB
29-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Yup

sheeny
29-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Yeah, I do too on 2 out of 3 computers...

but in answer to Chris, its here:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/iotw.html

OK, its not a sticky in the forum but its here.

:)

Al.

iceman
29-06-2010, 07:01 AM
I used to use a thread in the website feedback section and post new IOTW's there, but I felt it was better to post it in the persons thread itself.

As for looking at all previous ones, as Al mentioned, they're all on the IOTW page (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/iotw.html), where you can filter by year or by author.

Cheers

Screwdriverone
29-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Thank you gentlemen,

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thought it might exist, so thank you for telling me where it was, looks the goods too, exactly what I was after.

Cheers

Chris

MrB
29-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I thought I had seen something like that before, but I couldn't find it.
Ended up convincing myself I was imagining it!

Cheers Al

Jen
01-07-2010, 01:09 AM
:thumbsup: yep i sure do ;)

stephenb
10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
What about a link in a nice big icon in the top right, above the advertisements? Just a thought. That way it's on every page.