PDA

View Full Version here: : Has anyone flocked a 16" lightbridge before?

sheeny
07-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone has flocked a 16" lightbridge or similar scope before, and if they have any tips to pass on?:shrug: I have 3m of adhesive backed black felt for the job (and plan to use the off cuts for a heap of other little flocking jobs:).

My nearest experience to this was helping Lyn cover the outside of a "Tin of Memories" when she was scrapbooking... what a mess! We laughed so much, we cried... and we laughed and cried so much it hurt!:lol: It is with much trepidation I take on the inside of a lightbridge!:lol:

Al.

qld
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
hi i had my wife make a shroud out of polar fleece materal that fits around the trusses ,held at each end by elastic tape and in the middle by a length of plastic (that yellow stuff that electricians use to snake cable)bar that is threaded through the polar fleece by way of a sewn chanel.around the trusses
the contrast is terrific and i use it all the time.The only setback is dew ,and to overcome this i placed a car sun screen ( alluminium foil type)on top (outside the polar fleece)to and this keeps the polar fleece dry at all times.A friend whom i gave one of these also covered the trusses with black rubber tubing.He claims this has further improved the contrast ,but i cant notice any improvement.Go to spotlight and buy the heavy duty stuff it also keeps the temp above dew point and dust off the primary mirror.

JethroB76
07-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I've flocked a 12". The material I used was in about 300mm squares so was very easy to work with. I would suggest maybe looking at cutting your felt into strips/squares so it is manageable.