PDA

View Full Version here: : Install SkyVoyager on iphone

Clarry
02-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi folks, back on the 20th July 2009 when Carina Software were selling their software for 1 cent to celebrate 40 years since the moon walk, I took advantage of the opportunity to purchase a few items. Among them was Sky Voyager for the iphone, even though I didn't have one at the time. I always knew it would be my next phone when my contract ran out. Anyway that time has come & I now have an iphone. The downloaded software has been waiting on my computer all this time. So after reading a few sites on how to install apps from a PC to an iphone I learnt to drag & drop the file into the apps folder of itunes, no problem there. However when I attempt to sync everything I get a message saying the program was not downloaded from itunes and as such it cannot be installed. Not good. I really don't want to download the app again from the app shop & pay $18.00 for it, even though I'm sure it's worth every cent of it.
Does anyone know how to solve my problem?

Steffen
02-05-2010, 03:48 AM
I'd contact Carina Software for advice. They surely must have known that iPhone apps can only be purchased and installed via the iTunes store, and I don't think they're advocating jailbraking your iPhone. If they had a special at some point in time they could have offered it through the iTunes store. I'm not sure why they would have offered it any other way…

Cheers
Steffen.

kustard
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
If the version you have is from July 2009 then it's not going to be the latest or may not even be in the same revision stream as the current version on iTunes which is why iTunes might be having an issue with it.

Also, the only way that I have imported an app without downloading through itunes is to be part of the developer cycle of the app and this too might be an issue.

As Steffen said, contact Carina and tell them your situation and you'll find that they'll offer a simple solution.

Clarry
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys, I'll give it a go.