PDA

View Full Version here: : Where to find 2" Visual Back for C11

mtodman
30-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Can someone tell me where I can purchase (preferrably locally in the Sydney area) a 2" Visual Back for a C11? I've just taken receipt of a 2nd hand C11 and it only came with what I guess is the standard 1.25" Visual Back which provides no way of directly attaching an eyepiece (it didn't come with the Celestron diagonal).

Thanks

Matt

casstony
01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Bintel sells a 2" visual back (Bintel SCT - 2" adapter $39) in the Telescope Acessories section. This still leaves you with a 1.5" restriction which might vignette some eyepieces. If you want to use the lowest power, widest field eyepieces Astrophysics sells a rear cell adapter that gives a full 2" clearance.

astro744
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Ask a Celestron dealer if they have the following sitting on their shelves http://www.celestron.com/c3/product.php?ProdID=314

It has a lock ring to allow for rotating of the visual back. You may have to search around if anyone has one in stock as it has been discontinued and there doesn't appear to be a replacement from Celestron.

However, I don't believe it has a compression clamp so you may be better off with a different product. You don't want one that causes vignetting though.

Bolts_Tweed
02-05-2010, 10:29 PM
gday mate - I am pretty sure I have one of the 2 inch backs with the lock ring and a straight 2 inch photographic back out at the observatory.

Let me know if you cant get one and I will measure thread sizes etc when i am next out there.

Mark Bolton