PDA

View Full Version here: : Astronomy Technology Today Mag - one for the links section?

Phoenix
23-03-2010, 11:55 PM
While I know IIS can't list everything in the Links section on the left, I have found the Astronomy Technology Today Magazine (online version outside of the US) to be a good read - basically all about astronomy/telescope equipment. A subscription is relatively cheap and you get access to all back issues. I'm of course not affiliated with the mag in any way, just wanted to let people know about it. While some equipment reviews are a little thin, I found the design of the new Hyperion imaging telescope (to rival the RC) to be an interesting read in the latest issue. Perhaps the link to this mag could be listed in the links section.

http://astronomytechnologytoday.com/

Cheers, nix

jjjnettie
24-03-2010, 12:00 AM
There was a very good article on Astrophotography in the March edition last year.
Exceedingly well written and informative.
:innocent: ;) :thumbsup:

astroron
24-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Nothing like pushing your own barrow:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Phoenix
24-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Yes, I should have mentioned the mag looks at techniques as well as equipment reviews. A technique for creating "excellent" flat-field images is in the latest issue as well as a very interesting new focusing mask/method called GoldFocus Focusing system - again very interesting read.

Cheers, nix

Phoenix
24-03-2010, 12:20 AM
OK, just caught on.... nice one Jeanette :thumbsup:

Cheers

jjjnettie
24-03-2010, 01:22 AM
:lol:
I was very very proud to have been asked to contribute to the mag. :)
And I agree, it's an excellent magazine.

erick
24-03-2010, 08:13 AM
:thumbsup: Yes, a good read.

iceman
24-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Will do - as soon as I get my local copy running again on this temporary laptop.

Phoenix
24-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey - thanks Mike :thumbsup:

Cheers, nix