PDA

View Full Version here: : EQMOD problems

Prickly
20-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I have previously set up EQMOD on my laptop and it was working fine. Last night however when I was starting up stellarium and CdC I could not get it going (Im still trying to work out which program I like better-love the looks of stellarium but CdC is nicely configured for driving the scope via EQMOD). When I tried each program the EQMOD control panel would flash up and then go off after I hit connect on the Ascom Telescope Interface 1.2 Panel. I also noted that only the scope button was highlighted within CdC.

Do anyone have any idea why it might be doing this? All a bit perplexing after it was working properly

I tried reinstalling ASCOM platform 5 and 5.5 update and then also EQASCOM. Im running vista and was running as administrator.

All a bit frustrating. Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.

Cheers
David

troypiggo
20-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Whenever that's happened to me, it was a communication problem with the mount. Either the leads are loose or not correctly working, or maybe it's trying to use a com port that isn't available or clashing?

Prickly
20-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi Troy,

Maybe thats it. I'll try and tighten the screws. It could have been a bit loose perhaps.

Will get back later and inform of the outcome

Cheers
David

adman
20-03-2010, 11:32 AM
slightly off topic - I have been trying out EQMOD recently with both CdC and Stellarium.

I agree with you - I like the looks and functionality of Stellarium - but it is very heavy on system resources. On my laptop there is quite a lag (3-4 seconds) between issuing a goto command and the mount starting to move. In CdC the is no lag. So its CdC for me for the moment

Adam

mill
20-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Look in device manager what com port the eqdir module is set on and set it the same in eqmod if you use eqdir.
Or else the same for anything else.

Prickly
20-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks everyone - yes the problem was using the wrong port. Working again (thank goodness).

Its a tough choice between the two programs. I like the fact too that CdC shows different objects in different ways rather than just a circle for everything. Call me old fashioned! Stellarium has a nice look too though - particularly in perspective mode. In the end I tend to use CdC.