PDA

View Full Version here: : 2 inch diagonals

acropolite
27-11-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm looking at buying a 2 inch diagonal for the LX90 and recall that someone out there may have mentioned using the William Optics 2 inch diagonal and some sort of adapter as opposed to the SCT version which is useable only on the SCT (besides the non SCT version is heaps cheaper in OZ). Is there anyone out there with a 2 inch WO diagonal and adapter on an LX90 and if so does it clear the forks at the zenith....:confuse3:

Robert_T
27-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Phil, I have a 2in Dielectric WO diagonal that I got as part of the Zenithstar80 package from Frontier Optics (link below to their site). I had asked Daniel at Frontier about the adaptor so this could be used in a SCT. From memory it was $80-90 so it might be any cheaper than going for the SCT version. If you were interested in an in line focusser for the SCT to avoid mirror flop etc the fitting of this to the SCT thread also acts as an adaptor allowing you to then fit a standard 2 inch diagonal. I was considering the standard WO SCT craford focusser which Frontier Optics are seeling old stock of (now the dual speed version is out) for $220 AU, but ended up going for the Meade Micro-focusser to get the electric focus. This works a treat for me, but I don't have a fork so can't comment on whether it has clearance when the scope heads for zenith.

http://www.frontieroptics.com/Diagonals.html

cheers,

Iddon
27-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I went for the normal SCT version of the WO 2" diagonal for my LX200 - it is a beautifully engineered piece.

xstream
28-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Phil, I remember reading somewhere, I think it may have been LX90 users that the SCT type is the only one that will clear the base.