PDA

View Full Version here: : Stellarvue Accessories.

Waxing_Gibbous
10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
In anticipation of new baby's arrival, I've also splashed out on some toys for it. Specifically a Stellarvue F50-2 RACI Finder & rings and a Deluxe 2" Diagonal.
I was impressed by the fit & finish of the SV105/650 which rested all-too briefly in my hands and decided to give these two items a chance.

The finder is mini-scope all its own!
It has very little colour or distortion in daylight and none that I can see at night. It's beautifully built and machined and the rear helical focuser is what everyone needs whether they know it or not! ;) No squeaks, scratches or misalignment from re-focusing.
Its the most perfect finderscope I've seen. AP, TMB, TEC and TAK included. I'm afraid to touch it!
It will lighten your wallet about $200 - landed here, but its well worth it - particularly if you want a small birding or spotting scope as well.

The diagonal is equally impressive.
Ah! So that's what 99.7% reflective REALLY looks like. NO stray light, ghosts or distortions. As far as I can tell, the mirror is as near to perfect as is obtainable. The housing is, again, superbly constructed and there's a nice rubber grip on the upright to help you out in winter. Its on the heavy side, but if you want to counterbalance a nose-heavy scope, its ideal. No disrespect to WO, but the Stellarvue is to their diagonals what WO diagonals are to a Synta blue-tube's. And for less $$; even coming from the US.

Just had to warble about these as I really wasn't expecting them to be as good as they are. Well worth the dosh if you're in the market.
Having said all that, SV's overseas ordering and service department is rubbish. If you want any of their gear you're best off going through one of the better California shops.

Hope this is of use to someone!
Peter

TSA120: 3-5 Business days!!! (Fingers crossed!)

MuntiNZ
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah mate my flat mate got one of those finders.
The thing makes a magic little spotting scope.
Your TSA will be a ripper your gonna be pleased with it I reckon.
I got the Tak Sky 90 on a EM11 and I will keep that set up for ever its beautiful.