PDA

View Full Version here: : The new scope curse...

southerngazer
31-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Yep you know the one. Cloudy for at least a week. Picked up the scope pictured from the online auction 'Trade Me ' for $400.00 NZ.
The new price for this scope is $864.00 NZ plus freight.

It duly arrived via parcel post well wrapped and packaged. No damge :2thumbs:
That was last Tuesday. To really rub it in we have been having severe afternoon thunderstorms every day since it arrived, including last nite.

Now the weather forecast for today was brilliantly fine and 27 c. Its 8.20 am, I'm having a wakeup coffee and it blowing a gale and raining cats and dogs :eyepop:

So when the weather gods eventually allow me to use the damn thing is anyones guess.

I wonder what is going to happen when the eq6pro mount arrives :sadeyes:

I should mention that this scope is the first of two refractors. The second one will be the Skywatcher ST 150mm. This will then all be set in an observatory for A.P. and visual use. I would have been nice to have got APO class scopes but here in N.Z. the price of these is insane. Check these prices out, and thats just for the small scopes http://langwoodsphotography.com/eshop/home.php?cat=1&sort=price&sort_direction=0&page=2

However there is some good news Trade Me has a ST 150mm Skywatcher listed at $999.00 NZ . Guess whos going to hopefully buy that, providing I can sneak it past the wife ;)

JethroB76
31-01-2010, 11:03 AM
No wonder you're shopping on Trade me, ~$2500 for a 10" lightbridge and $1300 for a 13mm Ethos:lol:

rider
01-02-2010, 07:29 AM
I can answer that- I have had an NEQ6 for 4.5 months and it still hasn't been exposed to the night. In desperation I even took it for a 500k country drive, but the clouds followed me.

I have contracted N.W.S. (nebula withdrawal syndrome)

gbeal
01-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Darn Ralph, so it was you that got us wet yesterday.
What part of Hamilton?
Gary

southerngazer
01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Great thunderstorms aye :)
I live out at Te Pahu. On the lower sloopes of Mt Pirongia ( altitude approx 300 feet) so we get a pretty good night sky. Just dont know exactly what it looks like tho, too many clouds:mad2: