PDA

View Full Version here: : LX90 Handbox 40eb update

acropolite
22-11-2005, 12:12 PM
For those owners with LX90's, Meades latest Handbox update is available on their website. Unless you have a problem I would suggest to stay with the version you have. I have updated to 40eb due to some odd behaviour with the previous version 34ec. For those interested 40eb has further dumbed down the automatic alignment (it now tells you to align on the brightest star) and doesn't even tell you what star it's aligning to, making it entirely useless in my case. I think from memory there is also a new updater. Other than that it seems to have fixed my problem where the LX would not slew to mars after alingment without first slewing elsewhere. So far, 4 updates in 6 months all have had some sort of bugs. :confuse3:

33South
23-11-2005, 11:32 AM
I agree with your 'Phil'osophy dont upgrade unless you have a good reason to.

Theres already been two new releases since 40eb, the current one is now 40ef, its very hard to find any info on changes that have been made. Thats one reason I still run 34ec.

Does anyone know if you can go back a version or two after upgrading, is it just a question of reloading the previous version ?

Mick
23-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I've updated once in 5 years don't remember what version. You can find older versions here read the welcome and warning bit first.

Weasner's Autostar software archive (http://www.weasner.com/etx/autostar/as_archive/downloads.html)