PDA

View Full Version here: : Take Part in the "IceInSpace Community Survey 2010"

iceman
18-01-2010, 04:40 PM
To IceInSpace Members and Guests,

As IceInSpace continues to grow, it's important for us to learn more about our great community - to see what makes you tick. We want to find out more about your interest in astronomy, the type of equipment you use and how often you use it, where and how you do your observing or imaging, and more.

We're also very keen to learn more about how you use IceInSpace - how long you've been visiting, how often you visit, what sections you use the most, and what you want to see more of at IceInSpace.

We want to make sure we're providing you with the right content, the right features and functionality, and ensure we provide you with what you need to get the most of our your IceInSpace experience.

To do all this, we're undertaking our first major market research of our community - in the form of the IceInSpace Community Survey 2010 (http://iis-survey2010.questionpro.com/). Your responses will help us make IceInSpace even better and continue to grow even stronger over the next 5 years.

The survey is 4 pages long, consists of 27 questions and should take you about 10 minutes to complete. Your participation in this research is completely voluntary - all questions are optional and you can withdraw from the survey at any point.

Your survey responses will be strictly confidential and data from this research will be reported only in the aggregate. Your information will be coded and will remain confidential.

If you have questions at any time about the survey, please Contact Us at IceInSpace (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/contactus.html). You can also post any thoughts or discussion about the survey in this thread on the IceInSpace Forum.

Thank you very much for your time and support. Please start with the survey now by clicking on the link below:

IceInSpace Community Survey 2010 (http://iis-survey2010.questionpro.com/)

Thanks

Esseth
18-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Done and done, I'm such a nerd i love doing things like that :D

erick
18-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Tick! Nerd number 2 :lol:

mithrandir
18-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Done. I reckon a few questions could have been better worded. A multiple choice question with several "mainly" answers?

seanliddelow
19-01-2010, 12:16 AM
On the gender question the 3 options were Male, Female and Other?????
:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

iceman
19-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Thanks to everyone who has completed the survey so far.

You'll notice an announcement at the top of every page of the forum at the moment - I'm sorry it's a little distracting but I will reduce the amount of text in a few days once the majority of casual visitors have had a chance to see it.

Andrew - quite right. I kept going back to that one but couldn't decide whether to force to choose just one or keep it as multi-select. :)

that_guy
19-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I was tempted to click other...

JethroB76
19-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Not sure?

Ric
19-01-2010, 03:17 PM
That is for any aliens who have joined on interstellar broadband. ;)

Great survey Mike, hope you get lots of feedback. :thumbsup:

h0ughy
19-01-2010, 03:19 PM
nah its not distracting;) its a fashionable item. Made me fill out the survey

supernova1965
19-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't for get the Roswell Post in General Thread we are among you.

iceman
19-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Over 320 respondents so far.. great to see!

I really appreciate people taking time out of their day to answer the survey.

This will hopefully end up as (one of) the biggest surveys of the amateur astronomy community - particularly of the Southern Hemisphere but in general, also.

It's great market research and will really help us to ensure we provide the right service to all of the different types of people that use and visit IceInSpace.

Rob_K
20-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Sorry Mike, I blew it! I never like to fill out a survey till I know where it's going, so I went through the pages, then attempted to go back using the browser button, couldn't get the first page so clicked out. Now it won't let me do the survey "a second time"!

There's always some idiot isn't there? :rofl: Sorry again!

Cheers -

iceman
20-01-2010, 05:16 AM
haha no worries Rob. We'll fix that up. Check your PM.

RB
20-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Just finished it.
Didn't take long to do and it's good to know it will help the Admin to develop the forum further.

If you haven't taken it yet please do so.

:thumbsup:

wavelandscott
20-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Done...although I am certaiin my answers "taint" the Southern Hemisphere answers...I at least still proudly think of myself as living in Australia!

iceman
20-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Over 500 people have now completed the survey! A great rate of participation.

If you haven't yet taken the survey, please add your weight to the market research.

The responses and feedback that's coming in is (at first glance) extremely helpful, and I appreciate everyone taking the time to complete the questionnaire.

rogerg
21-01-2010, 11:54 AM
500 odd in 2 days that's quite incredible. I know there's thousands of members but I wouldn't have expected enough unique members visit the forum in 2 days for 500 of them to fill out a survey. Congrats on the great response rate Mike.

danielsun
21-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Done.;)

iceman
22-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks Roger.

There's plenty more unique visitors than that every day, but I know how hard it can be to motivate people to fill in an online survey.

The response rate is very encouraging indeed. For people to take 10-12 minutes out of their day to fill in the survey shows that they care enough about IceInSpace to provide us with the feedback we need to build on what we've got and make IceInSpace an even better site for the next 5 years.

Thanks to all who have participated so far.

I'll leave the survey open for another week or so for those that visit less frequently. If you haven't yet filled it in, please go ahead and do so - your feedback is very much appreciated.

Over 650 people started the survey, and over 550 of those made it all the way to the end and completed the survey.

Thanks again.

shane.mcneil
22-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Done. I hope I passed. I'm not very good at multiple choice.

toryglen-boy
22-01-2010, 09:49 PM
its one of the only online survey i hae taken part in!

most i just close without a second glance, but this one i heartily took part in

:thumbsup:

Lismore Bloke
23-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I tried to do it, but it jumped from page 1 to the last page, missing the others; then wouldn't let me do it again.

iceman
23-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Check your PM.

Lismore Bloke
23-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Just finished it with another browser, worked fine. Thanks Mike:thumbsup:

Brundah1
27-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Mike, Great survey well designed to keep members interested and most importantly contributing to the websites future direction.

Hope my 2 bits help.

iceman
28-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Over 800 people have now taken part in the survey! An incredible response.

The survey will close tomorrow (Friday) night - so if you haven't yet taken the time to fill it in, now's your last chance!

Thanks again to all that have taken part.

Jen
28-01-2010, 01:38 PM
:eyepop: Done Mike i neally missed out on this one :rolleyes:
Got home just in time ;););)

And i didnt mention a thing about emoticons and chat rooms honest :lol::lol::P;)

:hi:

AdrianF
28-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Done my bit hope it helps. Now the flood starts my work email had 3 surveys in it from 3 different surveyors all wanting to know the same things! Govt $$$ at work

Adrian

iceman
30-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks everyone - the survey is now closed.

I was blown away by the overwhelming response rate - in the end, over 850 people took the survey.

The data gathered is an excellent snapshot of the IceInSpace community, but also an excellent snapshot of amateur astronomers in general.

Now comes the time to analyse the data, analyse your feedback and formulate our action plan.

You'll start to see some changes over the next weeks and months as we put some of those action ideas into effect.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time and effort.