PDA

View Full Version here: : Remote Imaging Opportunity

Martin Pugh
27-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Hello all

Thought I would use this forum to poll for interest in a remote imaging opportunity coming up next year.

As you know, I have relocated to the US with work for 3 years, and I hope to park a telescope at the Sierra Remote Observatory (Shaver Lake). As you well know, this is a pristine site with over 270 clear, imaging-quality nights per year.

The only thing I want to do here is see if there is any interest in sharing, the details of which will have to be worked out once costs are known.

Once the new observatory is up and running (from mid-2010), I will be making the journey by road to deliver, install and set to work the following kit:
Paramount ME, 12.5" RC (upgraded to add TCCII, a new secondary baffle, and shutters that fold over the primary),
STL11K, CFW8 (Astrodon filters LRGBHASIIOIINII), AO-L, computers etc.

My initial idea would be to trial a partnership for a full 12 months - which will hopefully give me time to recover the kit before I return to Australia, or simply continue on and leave it there.

I am terribly excited about it, given the quality of the images coming out of Sierra Remote.

So, if you are (seriously) interested, please contact me direct at martinpughatbigpond.com.

cheers
Martin

Zaps
27-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Gee Martin, actually I had no idea. But it sounds really great! Good luck with it. :)