PDA

View Full Version here: : Can't view images posted at IIS

csb
17-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I have a problem to see any images that are directly posted in the images forums. This has been for about 10days, all ok before.

When I click on an image a new window pops up, with the toolbar, etc at top and it has the blue strip, down the left side, with thumbnail images.

The black image area has "Loading..." in a red rectangle, then just black - the image will NOT show.

I have waited 5min but to no avail.

I have clicked on other images, down the side, still no show.

I have tried 'open in a new tab' - no good.

Does anyone know what to do?

Images that have been linked, do show.

I haven't changed any settings(probably haven't) nor added any programs onto my laptop.

iceman
17-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Craig

It's usually something to do with:
1) Firewall
2) Javascript settings
3) Popup blockers etc

Try some of the stuff in this thread:
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=16484

There have been no changes on IIS so it's definitely something to do with your computer/laptop.

You could try on another computer, or a public computer with your login, to verify.

Chillie
18-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi Craig, I have the same problem sometimes but not at the moment. What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox.

If you go into User CP, under Settings, you can change the image viewer from enhanced to Standed. The result of doing this is when you click on a picture, the whole screen is shaded and a popup window will show in the middle of your computer screen and display the picture.

I had the problem with the last update of Firefox but there has just been a new update, so I have changed the image viewer back to enhanced and everything is working OK now.

csb
19-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks Henry, that did it for now. On standard I can see the images.

I am using Windows xp - IE8.

And I will check and try the steps in the link at a later date, thanks Mike.

I think it is on my end - I'm not the only user here.

Chillie
19-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Craig, when I first had the same problem I reported it here as well. However, your description of the problem was much better than mine.