PDA

View Full Version here: : Pentax 7mm XW bargain!!!

icytailmark
16-12-2009, 10:32 PM
i just bought a Pentax 7mm XW eyepiece off ebay for around $340 AUS. Its coming from USA. I saved myself about $400 from buying it overseas.

PhilW
17-12-2009, 09:41 AM
That's a great price for a great eyepiece. I think the 7 is my all-time favourite in the XW line (closely followed by the 10 & the 30).

JethroB76
17-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Agree, that is a great price even compared to the usual overseas places. Got me tempted now..

Marke
17-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I really wish you hadnt told us this because now I have gone a got one as well - ouch there goes Xmas :sadeyes:

mswhin63
17-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I recently received my 4 new lenses from OS managed to save about $400 in total including the postage. They are not exceptional eyepieces compared to Pentax, Naglar or Ethos but the right choice for my use. Baader Hyperion $129.00AU each.

casstony
17-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I wish the distributors in Oz would realise how many more sales they'd get if they had a moderate mark-up vs overseas, rather than the local Recommended Rip-off Pricing. My last two purchases were from OS, and even with massive shipping fees I'm way better off. Local warranty doesn't mean much if you can buy 2 for the price of one.

matt
18-12-2009, 04:35 AM
I pretty much buy all my stuff overseas these days. I haven't had any issues, touch wood.

It's worth the risk for the savings.....indeed!

mswhin63
18-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I just tested my lenses last night and was well worth the purchace. I realise that the price for my lense has changed recently so I do not expect the price to change here in Aus if at all for some time.

That is the unfortunate by-product of Free Trade agreement in that manufacturers now do NOT have to wait for stocks to deplete in other countries before prices come down so there is a delay before prices are lowered in other countries. Usually the country that makes the products can drop their prices quickly and other countries are left with products that were purchaced before prices went down and are expected to make a loss. The off shoot is the ACCC may not allow the prices to go down if they and other sellers in Oz have old stock.

Although my business is different i have managed to work a small fix to this problem but it requires a large cash outlay may lower business cash flow sometimes for a long time.

icytailmark
05-01-2010, 11:41 AM
im still waiting for my eyepiece to arrive from america. It was 3 weeks ago i bought it off ebay. I think because australia post had a strike and they are so bloody slow.

Marke
05-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Delivery is very slow atm , got mine just before Xmas and took 2 weeks.
It was a lot bigger than I expected too :eyepop:

mswhin63
05-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Very strange, I just received my Canon 450D today after only ordering a last week. You may want to enquire or if you have a reference number try that.

StarGazing
05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Same for me, I purchached a couple of Ethos's ( :eyepop: ) last Wens.. and they got here today through USPS from the states. I would check up on the tracking, make some enquiries.

Cheers Alex.

icytailmark
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
i just emailed the seller on ebay asking if he could send me the packaging details so i could track down the package. Im not sure what else i can do but just wait even more. I think this will be the last time i order something from america.

Louwai
06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Your problem is not ordering from US, it's ordering from Ebay.
I just bought an XW7 + an XW10 + AN Ethos 17 from the US. All were delivered within 5 business days.
Also, the XW's were both the same price @ a little less than you have noted.

Don't let poor Ebay sellers, or slack AU Post deter you from saving loads of money by buying from the US.

rasimus
08-01-2010, 05:17 AM
I just posted a request to purchase an XW10 from the US and was told by email that they are not allowed to sell their items overseas? Did you have it sent to a US address and then have them ship it to you.

Marke
08-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Try Hands on Optics thats where I got mine from.
http://handsonoptics.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_37_52

icytailmark
08-01-2010, 10:26 AM
yeah thats where i got mine from but they stuffed up my order and now i gotta wait even longer. Its gunna be a total of a month by the time i get it.

icytailmark
14-01-2010, 10:17 AM
yay i finally got my eyepiece!!! It took a month to get here tho lol

Now just need a clear night!!!!