PDA

View Full Version here: : Meade Microfocuser with other Scope

jimipage77
07-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Can the Meade Microfocuser be used in a Orion 190mm Mak Newtonian If I buy a ShoeString focus interfase to connect it via USB to my computer?
And, is there a way to get a hand controller for it so I can use it with no computer and with a mount other than the LX200R?

Merlin66
07-12-2009, 01:59 AM
A few questions there!
I believe it's possible to get an adaptor for the rear thread of the Mak to turn it into a SCT thread ( I used one on my 150mm Mak)

The #1209 zero shift focuser works very well with the SS adaptor and PC. I have one for my 12" Lx200

The focuser just needs 9-12V DC so if you can re-wire a SW focuser handbox you could use that. I have an old JMI handbox which works very well.

There's also some designs over on the MAPUG forum for focus handcontrollers.

g__day
07-12-2009, 09:33 AM
1. Should be able - check you can find a mating thread of the exact dimensions you need

2. Yes - Shoestring works well, need ASCOM driver from their site

3. Yes can do that - need to get the power wire in their if you want the battery cover to close. I cut two pieces of dowel to the same size as the batteries, drilled then inserted a nail in one end of each dowel until the matched the legth of the batteries, then soldered leads from the transformer to the nails in the dowel. So the dowel batteries go in like normal and all works as expected.