PDA

View Full Version here: : A Pat on the back for GSO and Australia Post

pmrid
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, the saga of my wonky Ritchey-Chretien scope seems to be drawing to a close.

I've said before how well GSO in Taiwan responded to my request for help with my RC scope.

Since then, I sent it by Australia Post and it was actually delivered to GSO in only 4 days. That's not too shabby. To round off the good news, Jim from GSO has had the scope for 4 days only and I just received notification that it is already on it's way back to me. I have not received any bill or request for payment from them so at thos stage I'm assuming they fixed the scope gratis.

What can you say? Well done GSO.

Peter

Tandum
12-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Well that's good news.
Do you know if they upgraded the baffle etc while it was there?

allan gould
12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Peter,
Hope all is well with your scope. Now hope the camera is also OK.
We are lucky that people like Peter and Theo step up to the plate to help us out. Excellent service and I really, really hope this is the last of your problems.

pmrid
12-11-2009, 09:57 PM
No. Only a UPS Tracking reference so far. So I wait, like a new father pacing up and down the corridor in the maternity wing while the parcel ... well, you get the idea!
Peter

pmrid
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
me too Allan. I've regressed to the DSLR for the time being but Theo has suggested I send the QHY8 to him for a look. I'll do that next week and see what magic he can perform. It's too much $$ to just chuck it in a drawer so it's worth spending a bit more to get it fixed.
Peter

AlexN
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
That is fantastic news Peter! :) Hope its sitting atop the EQ6 for next weekends imaging extravaganza!!

Moon
12-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Great news.
With a bit of luck they got confused over at GSO and set you a nice new 10" version instead :P

coldspace
12-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Good to here back up service like this.

Matt.