PDA

View Full Version here: : My little Tasco.

toetoe
07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
After all the work that was done on my Tasco at the Star Camp,i got to do some good viewing on Saturday night and Sunday morning. To compare viewing before and after collimation, the results were very clear. There seems to be more sharpness with the image than there was before so i guess it needed that work done.
QUESTION: Star Test, is this what has to be done for a final touch after the collimation work ? and should this get rid of the slight flare that i had when i was viewing Mars and Saturn?. Ex; Looking at Mars the image was crisp and clear and the disc shape was very sharp but i had a slight flare to one side of the image that i could not get rid of, the same with Saturn. Would slight adjustment of the collimating screws help with this or is there another way of getting rid of the flare..

ballaratdragons
07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Peter, it could also be reflection inside the OTA or EP. I get that effect on my EP that is not blackened on the inside. Check inside your Tube and EP's first for un-blackened surfaces before re-collimating.

Starkler
07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Peter, I dont know if anyone checked the secondary holder of your scope, but a pinched secondary could be a possible explanation. It could also be in the eyepiece. Does the flaring move or follow the eyepiece if you rotate it ?

toetoe
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Ken: No shiny bits to be seen with the OTA, E/P or focuser, all blackend.

Geoff: We didn't check the secondary holder and i rotated the E/P and the flare had no change in position.