PDA

View Full Version here: : Steve Mogg - still doing business?

troypiggo
28-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Back in November 2008 when I bought my initial astro setup used from these very forums, part of the kit was a .63 focal reducer that the seller advertised as a Mogg. There's no branding/label on it. Unfortunately in the shipping of it to me, the lens popped out of the adapter and I haven't used it at all.

Recently I decided to get my act together and do something about it. I sent an email to Mr Mogg's email address from the website asking some questions. This was on 18/10/09 and I haven't even received acknowledgement of receipt, let alone a response.

There's some oddness on his website - some dead links, so wondering if it's still going?

dannat
28-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Troy - i contacted him about July about making a special adapter. He got back fairly quickly and said he was way behind his usual products (3 mths) & that he couldn't help me

troypiggo
28-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I see. Thanks for that. Ok, might have to DIY or something then. At least he got back to you ;)

dpastern
28-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Troy - the vast majority of mail servers are not running Exchange. Most non exchange mail servers are not set (by default) to provided read receipts. Some RFC that I can't remember, I'd have to google it ;-)

I'd give him a few more weeks, he'll probably reply, he's probably just snowed under.

Good luck.

Dave

troypiggo
28-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Don't bother googling it. I wasn't referring to those auto receipt reply thingies. I don't use those[1], they're next to useless. I just meant he hadn't replied at all.

[1] You should know, I use mutt/postfix from my linux mail server ;)

dpastern
28-10-2009, 03:05 PM
heheheh good lad. Sometimes mutt runs like a dog though. Oh that was a bad pun lol.

Dave

troypiggo
28-10-2009, 03:27 PM
:rundog: <-- Have you noticed that this "smiley" animation from this forum's selections is a rip-off of the mutt logo? See bottom of page: http://www.mutt.org/

And PS - mutt has never, ever run like a dog. It is by far the best mail reader around. ;)

dpastern
28-10-2009, 04:03 PM
tis to. I like mutt, although some of the commands are very oblique. I used it day in day out @ work.

Dave