PDA

View Full Version here: : Cleaning Toucam chip

robin
05-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I think this has been asked a few times before but can anyone give me the good oil on cleaning a toucam chip.The blower brush approach seems to put more dust spots on it.Any suggestions?

h0ughy
05-11-2005, 09:29 PM
try http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/
(edit posted wrong address before)
its dear, but i bought the brushes you will never look back. also PM me your email address and I will forward you some other information.

Robert_T
05-11-2005, 10:53 PM
i used compressed air in a can to blast it clean and then permanently leave the Baader IR filter in place...

bird
06-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Robin - I'm sure everyone has their own suggestions, but just be a bit cautious when trying them out. e.g. with the compressed air you have to make real sure that there's no solid particles in the airstream or you'll scratch the ccd cover very quickly.

My personal suggestion is to buy a pack of q-tips (cotton buds on a stick) and get a bottle of "demineralised water" from your local service station.

Dip a q-tip in this water and *very gently* wipe across the ccd, holding the q-tip so that only the water is touching the ccd cover and not any part of the cotton. The water will bead and follow the q-tip across the cover.

The demineralised water will not leave a residue, and it will pick up any dust particles. Just be careful to keep the q-tip either away from the cover or *just* in contact.

Guide the bead to the edge and then touch it with a dry q-tip to lift it off.

regards, Bird

asimov
07-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the tip bird, I'll be logging that away for future reference...

xrekcor
07-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Sell it and by an LPI lol, just kidding ...oooop's I see you already have one

regards,CS

robin
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Bird,I always get edgy about things like this! Mind you, I cleaned my corrector plate some months ago & it worked a charm.I'll try a veeery gentle wipe with distilled water/q-tip & see....