PDA

View Full Version here: : Purchasing Advice

Hans Tucker
30-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I found a second hand mount on the OPT website so I decided to purchase it accepting the shipping cost their website calculated. Just received an e-mail saying that there was an error in this cost and it has increased by $130 US.

I decided to cancel the order and no doubt they will sting me with a cancellation & restocking fee or what ever....am I in the wrong for electing to cancel this order on the grounds of the increase in shipping.

I have been a customer of OPT for years and this is the first time I have encountered this.

gbeal
30-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd do the same as you did to be honest.
But I would have written a strong e mail to them as well outlining that the goal posts had shifted somewhat.
I am sure they will be reasonable about it. Their business grinds along with a fair amount of goodwill from the community.
Gary

snowyskiesau
30-09-2009, 06:03 PM
If you've been misquoted on the price, I think you have every grounds to cancel the order without any penalty.

dannat
30-09-2009, 06:08 PM
you have been misqoted -you should not have to pay any fee - actually i think in reality if there website told the shipping & you paid they should be bound to ship the goods to you & where the damage..their problem not yours
i don't think they'll listen though