PDA

View Full Version here: : Stolen GM-8 tripod

Phoenix
29-08-2009, 11:28 PM
WANTED: My stolen GM-8 LW tripod back
Taken from the back seat of my locked car here in Adelaide, Clapham.

I only just picked this tripod up (along with the GM-8 mount) a few weeks back second hand from the IIS classifieds. I had the tripod in my car as I was visiting several plumbing outlets searching for some 250 mm wide sewer pipe that I was going to slide the tripod into and make a protective tube case from – I wanted to make sure the tripod fit.

I had a few more plumbing outlets to visit this Saturday morning and had left the car out on the road overnight as the wife and I had some quarry rubble that was being delivered in the driveway early Saturday morning. I knew I should have removed the tripod from the car, but stupidly thought it would be OK for one evening. After all, it was covered by a jacket and you couldn’t see the tripod. What was I thinking?

Anyway, some b*****d has now got my tripod and I’m sure it’s no use to them.

There are a few minor scratches here and there on the tripod – no real distinguishing marks on it other than the tripod clamps being a little rusty. So if you are offered a second hand GM-8 tripod that may fit this description or come across a GM-8 tripod in your local cash converters here in Adelaide, please let me know.

The annoying thing is, I’m off to the Flinders Ranges on a student camp in about 3 weeks where I plan to do some observing with a bunch of uni students over several nights – I am now one scope down. Hopefully I will be able to get hold of a replacement before then – let’s see how quickly the insurance company acts.

As pissed as I am about it, it’s only a tripod - if this is all that I have to worry about then life’s pretty good.

Thanks for listening.

Regards

Steve

astroron
29-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Sorry to hear of you loss Steve:mad2: I hope you get a replacement soon, or your old one back:thumbsup:

leon
30-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Bugger mate, and the thing about it they wont know what to do with it, :mad2: not good news.

Leon :thumbsup:

rogerg
30-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Argh! how annoying!

There's been a few reports of astro gear being stolen lately :(

seanliddelow
30-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Any one who can steal my 40kg dob by themself deserves a medal.:lol:

Phoenix
30-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks folks for your comments... at least it was only the tripod and not the mount.

Well I hope i get a replacement soon.

Thanks Guys.

Cheers
Steve