PDA

View Full Version here: : Help Please Nexstar Mount

picklesrules
16-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey guys
I have a Nexstar 130 SLT on the standard Nexstar Go-To Mount and there's something wrong with the motors or something moving left-right is fine but up and down its really struggling please help?

I will probably just end up upgrading to an eq mount but anyway to salvage it or if someone would like to purchase just the mount im located in Perth.
I really need this done fast cause i wanna get back out there quick. IT only seems to affect at high speeds it seems to track ok

Moon
16-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Is the balance ok?
What about your power source? Could be low voltage?

picklesrules
16-08-2009, 09:26 PM
balance is correct as for power supply its the same power supply i used from day 1 and has been fine for 6 months

bobson
16-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Nicholas,

Maybe you should open it, only a few screws and see inside if everything is tight.

I just had a look at the picture of your scope, unfortunately its not the same as my Celestron 80 GTL mount. I connected my wrong way, mixed + and - and blew up stepper motor controller board inside the mount. Bintel is still trying to get the board for me. I thought maybe your stepper controller board is the same as mine? If it is would you consider selling it if you buy yourself EQ mount?

cheers

bob

picklesrules
17-08-2009, 12:04 AM
yer i would most likley sell my u intrested?, ive opened her up and had a captain cook couldnt see anything loose so yer

bobson
17-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Nicholas,

You should try to sell whole mount, 'cos I am not interested in that, not sure if it could be converted for some other OTA's? I would be interested only in smal circuit board inside the mount that controlls stepper motors, if the same of course :). And if you can't sell it as whole.

I bought my whole Celestron 80 GTL for $100 second hand from Quokka. It was working perfectly until I experimented with the car battery :(

I would still pay no more than $50 dollars just for this circuit board, no point spending money for such a cheap scope.

bob