PDA

View Full Version here: : Make-up brushes for cleaning?

Lumen Miner
13-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi all!!

Just a question if you could assist. Would anyone not recommend me using either of these two make-up brushes, to dust my lenses etc after blowing loose matter off, prior to a liquid clean?

They are very soft, the bristles are held firmly and have no dusties on the filament.... They seem ideal. They are new also.

I thought I would check first though. :)

DavidU
13-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I can't see why not as long as it is a soft natural hair (ie: not nylon etc)
I have a very soft natural art brush (they can be expensive).

Lumen Miner
13-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Well that helps alot!! The white bristle does not state it is "Natural", but the brown one does. :)

wavelandscott
14-07-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know either of these brushes but if they are soft, I would assume that they will be fine...

Lumen Miner
14-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks Scott, I must say though, the wording of your comment made me :) .

I don't know of either of these as well. Not much of a make-up expert ;)

Roger Davis
14-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Never recommend brushes, a blower of some kind or a can of air would be better. If something has adhered to your lens then a brush will only push it across the coating and has the possibility of harming it. Once you have blown the worst of the dirt off, moisten a tissue and let it sit on top of the lens for a few moments, then LIFT it off. The next moistened tissue can be used to swab the lens with relative safety.

Lumen Miner
14-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Really? A moistened tissue? I was under the impretion that most tissues left fibres behind, tiny but there none the less. I really prefer a glass lense cleaning cloth.

The reason I would like to use a brush, is to remove the loose hairs/fibres from the lens after blowing it clean. I very rarely go the route of a liquid clean. Just some hairs get lodged etc under the retainer for the lens, I don't want to wash the lens because of lodged material.

Blow, brush, liquid clean.

DavidU
14-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I alway listen to Rodger as he has decades of experience.

Lumen Miner
14-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh, dont get me wrong i'm open to advice. I must have some cheap tissues or something. Mine leave fine almost dust like particles on the lens, almost like lint. I must check out some better quality ones.

Jen
15-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey is that where my make up brushes went :lol::lol:
Yep i use them for lots of things, more than i use them for actually putting on makeup :rofl: