PDA

View Full Version here: : pod

mozzie
08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
ive had my pod since around the end of last year its the best investment ive made the scope and all your accessories are set up and ready to go no more lugging in the house and if the clouds come in it takes 2 seconds to close up.weve had a hell of a lot of rain this year as has the eastcoast of australia and ive had no water in the pod not even a drop very inpressed there is also no sign of mould on the walls or in the bays anybody thinking of buying one they are taking orders for the second container load
mozzie

koputai
08-07-2009, 05:07 PM
How much did you pay for it Peter?

Cheers,
Jason.

mozzie
08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
around $4600 delivered for the xl3 model check them out at www.skyshed.com (http://www.skyshed.com)
mozzie

sheeny
08-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I've got to say I'm similarly impressed with mine. I got really heavy rain within the first two days of having my POD up, and I got a tiny bit of water inside through the dome joints, but since then have not had any water in no matter how hard the rain! I gues the caulking needed a bit of time to go off...

Best money I've spent!

Al.

mozzie
08-07-2009, 06:49 PM
al what caulking did you end up using
mozzie

sheeny
08-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I still have the original ordinary old silastic in there (Roof and Gutter? I think). I did buy 2 tubes of Dow Corning whatever it was they recommended with the plan to re-caulk it but it's been water tight, so I've opted not to mess with it.:)

Al.

mozzie
08-07-2009, 07:38 PM
al i used a clear silicon on the inside and steve my builder mate put me onto 303 its a different base then silicon it has worked well
im thinking about ordering a vinyl cap for it to try and keep the heat out during summer
mozzie