PDA

View Full Version here: : Some pictures of my home made scope buggy, all parts from bunnings.

White Rabbit
29-06-2009, 05:19 PM
this fist post is a work in progress I'll add more detail over the next few days.

Ok, its rough but it does the job very well. I dont have a work bench so I dont hava a vice to grip things when I'm drilling. I should also say that the only tools used was a cordless drill and a wrench. All the parts are from bunnings. I'm sure some of you out there can come up with more elegant soloutions than I have here, I'd be particularly interested in if you can come up with a better soloution for attaching the bar thats used for pulling and steering it. I just used a gate hinge.

They sell these black square tubes that can be connected together using plastic connectors, they can be used to make shelves and what not. They arnt very strong so you will have to reinforce with some steel stripes. Sorry my handy man dictionary is non existant, along with my internal spell checker ;).

To attach the wheels I tried all kinds of methods but the best one method was the one in the picture. It's basically a threaded bar that I've bolted on with some U bolts to the frame (see picture), it also give more support. The wheels are held on by two nuts on either end.

anyway I'll put this up and give a bit more detail when I have more time.

All up it cost less than $100.

netwolf
29-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Well done, functional and practical.

some time back i came accross this other design that is also i think very simple to make from parts you could i think get from Bunnings
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3135265&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=all&vc=1

White Rabbit
29-06-2009, 07:05 PM
thanks and thanks for the link.

One wheel at the front is the way to go as two wheels doesnt give you much of a turning arc. I've been trying to think of a way doing the one wheel thing with my limited tools that I have but havent com up with anything yet.

Thanks again
Sandy