PDA

View Full Version here: : Moonlite Focusers - Great Service

Bolts_Tweed
24-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Gday

Too often I read about order delays and poor internet service but I thought I would give a wrap to Ron Newman at Moonlite focusers in the US.

I have recently ordered a SCT focuser off Ron - this is my second moonlite - I recieve an almost immediate reply to my email allowing for time difference - he answers his emails between 9 and 10 am their time and the focuser arrives 5 days later - like clockwork. I then emailed him re his new focus controller and bingo the service was repeated - 5 working days in the mail. The product is excellent - as is the service so I thought I should make it known and give credit where it is due. I can highly reccomend this guy - 3 dealings and absolutely no problems.

I used another focus controller previously and while they have responded regarding the failure of this unit (and have said they will fix it under warranty) I ordered a Tak mounting bracket and motor about 6 months ago (pre demise of the Tak) and then recently ordered another controller (for the mobile mount at home - I leave one in the observatory) both orders were confirmed and nothing happened - not even responses to emails. I understand they have some problems over there at the moment but if they cant supply an email would be appreciated.

So the moral is that if you are considering GOOD focusers or controllers I would defiantely reccommend that you put moonlite on your list for consideration. www.focuser.com (http://www.focuser.com)

Mark

allan gould
24-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I have to second this post. I inadvertently ordered my focuser with an incorrect flange. My fault - not Moonlight's. Without any hesitation they posted me the correct one without waiting for me to post back the incorrect version as they did not want me to be inconvenienced. Top, top service - above and beyond what I expected. Also a great focuser and just love it.
Ron Newman is a great person to deal with and I have a very high regard for his business ethics.

AdrianF
24-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the report. I will be ordering a moonlite for my ED127 in about 6 weeks time now I feel happier buying from them.

Adrian

telecasterguru
24-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I will also be ordering a moonlight for my ED127 and this sort of report certainly makes the decision a lot easier.

Frank

Geoff45
24-06-2009, 05:08 PM
The service is definitely great. When I did something really stupid with my moonlite focuser, I got detailed instructions from Ron about how to pull it apart and correct the problem. It's a beautiful piece of equipment

marki
24-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I will quadrupal that :D. Ron is great to deal with, makes quality gear which is delivered quickly. I have bought 2 Moonlite focusers, a Moonlite controller as well as anodising dyes from Ron without even a hint of drama. He always responds to emails quickly and will customise any order to your requirements. The best bit is the focusers have a life time warranty on them so no drama's there either.

Mark