PDA

View Full Version here: : F/R question for JohnG or Tak FS-102 owners

Omaroo
17-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi John

I just landed a Tak FS-102/128 reducer from Lars. He used it on his RCOS, but my question relates to its use on my FS-102.

Prior to the reducer, to bring the SBIG to focus, I'd need the 2" visualback plus an 80mm extension - at which time the focus rack was comfortably sitting mid-way.

Now with the reducer fitted, should it bring the camera in or force it out further to reach focus again? With the parallel SBIG it takes ages to know if you're heading in the right direction...

TIA!

Hagar
17-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Chris, with the focal reducer fitted you will need to fit the 2" visual back straight onto the FR and you will probably find the focuser will be almost fully in all the way to reach focus. From memory the distance from the FR to the CCD is about 55mm. Dont hold me to this figure but you probably wont have much in focus left to play with particularly if using a filter wheel.

Experimentation is the key. I could only just come to focus with the qhy9 and filterwheel.

Omaroo
17-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks Doug! :) Looks like no extensions required then...

Cheers!

EDIT: I've done a silly thing and remember that John had already offered a couple of photos of his setup, which included the CA adjuster. It's all good now :)

JohnG
17-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi Chris...

Just saw this post, was out imaging, anything further you need to know.....

Cheers

JohnG
17-06-2009, 11:46 PM
The setup I use with the TSA-102 is CAA, Reducer, CA-35 and this adapter to get the correct Metal Back Distance to the ST4000XCM camera.

http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=7429&kw=Takahashi&st=2

Can photograph it for you tomorrow if you like.

Cheers