PDA

View Full Version here: : Dovetail bars ... spacing problem?

toryglen-boy
15-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Howdy

I just recieved a 200mm dovetail bar, and guidescope rings, and it suddenly hit me, there are the two holes at the end to secure the bar, and 2 threaded holes in the middle for the rings, thing is, the spacing between the holes for the rings is about 25mm. is this right? seems very close to me .... and i am worried about the lack of stability.

anyone even know what i am on about?

:)

telecasterguru
15-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Duncan,
Can you explain the set up that you have and what telescopes you are attaching to your mount?
Are you talking about the bar that is used between the main scope and the guide scope.
I have an ED 127 and an ED 80 on an EQ6. The ED 80 is attached to the ED 127 by way of losmandy rings in the same way that the ED 127 attaches to the EQ6. The losmandy rings on the ED80 have side screws the same as the dovetail on the EQ6. This is because you can't do the screws up on the bar from underneath or above to attach the guide scope to the main scope.

Losmandy rings were the only way that I could work out how to attach the guide scope to the main scope. This is also the case when I use my 200mm Newt on the EQ6.

Please excuse me if I miss the point.

Frank

TrevorW
15-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Duncan you are using the Vixen style dovetail

if so I suggest buying two of these from ADM

http://www.admaccessories.com/V_Series_Dovetail_Adapter.htm

attached them to the guide rings then to the dovetail bar which will be attached to the tube rings on the ED80

Cheers