PDA

View Full Version here: : Eq6 pro mod

Davelrkn
10-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi All
I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or if anyone has done this mod to thier EQ6 Pro tripod.
If you are like me and sick of cables getting caught up on the three clamps at the base of the tripod then try this mod.

I used an allen key to loosen the four grub screws on each leg and was able to turn the fitting which contains the locking clamps so that they where then facing on the inside of each leg.
The fittings where easy to move and its also worth a mention that the grub screws only push against the legs and are not drilled in any way into the legs.
Once I had the clamps tight I then undid the phillips screw and repositioned the clamp lever so that it was positioned facing in the up position.I found that the clamp levers could still be turned full circle for adjustment even though the inside position put then very low to the ground then in the lowest position.
The whole mod took about 15 minutes to do start to finish

Cheers
Dave :):thumbsup:

bmitchell82
11-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I actually love those little buggers, they help the cable stay along the leg so it stays out of the way of everything else.

But great idea for those having problems.! ahhhh ROR obs here i come hehehe