PDA

View Full Version here: : Pinner Dew Shield

beren
23-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Recived today a metal dew sheild made by Mick Pinner , thanks Mick :thumbsup: , super fit and nicely crafted it really sets off the scope { :whistle: vanity} and is a welcome relief from the flexi type one i have that is a bit arkward to fit on with dovetail plates and rails on the OTA. :cool: Good one Mick

cventer
23-09-2005, 02:52 PM
How much was this. Does he take orders for other scope types ?

Dave47tuc
23-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Very nice Stuart. :D

Well done Mick :thumbsup: Julian looks foward to his. ;)

davidpretorius
23-09-2005, 03:07 PM
they are a nice piece of work, very nicely finished off. I have some pictures that i am putting on his website soon and hopefully an online shop as well for the dew shields. pm him to get some prices

www.astroshield.com.au (http://www.astroshield.com.au) is his website, work in progress

davidpretorius
23-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Tell you what Beren, that is one nice setup you have there.

Even if people don't know what it is, you can take em on a tour!

Not too much polish, pillows and warm cups of milk. The scope will be fine by itself, you can leave it in the shed by itself and it won't get upset.

Cmon, Beren, move away from the scope, beren.....BEREN!

Striker
23-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Looks great Stuart.....well done Mick

Yes mick does do orders...I may even get him to make me one for the C11

beren
23-09-2005, 11:00 PM
:D LOL David ......Chris give Mick a PM im sure he"ll help you out , i sent Mick my scope dust cap to help with the measurments

beren
25-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Tried the new shield last night , its great to have it feel like its something part or extension of the scope instead of a add on . Had some gusty wind to contend with last night so it was good to compare the flexitype to the solid metal one , both of course impart vibrations but the metal one was better .Mick has done a great job with the paintwork too, inside the tube is a nice matt black which even Shelob would find inviting {LOTR character :rolleyes:}.Later in the night dew started to develop on the dew shield , the flexitype has better repellent properties then the metal ones but placing my dew strap on the shield cured the problem , the corrector plate however remained dew free. For SCT fork users you ll need some counterweights to balance the scope even though Mick has made the sheild as light and rigid as can be plus in heavy dew conditions a dew shield alone shouldn't be considered as the standalone deterrent .... :thumbsup: