PDA

View Full Version here: : You may have seen this already!!!

wavelandscott
01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
01/04/2009 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

A study to be published in the April issue of the respected New England Journal of Medicine has found that extended
use of the ultra-wide field telescope eyepiece, the TeleVue Ethos, can cause damage
to the muscles which control the focusing of the eye lens.

The latest results from Long Term Medical Studies conclude that constant Ethos use results in permanent physical changes to the eye that are even more significant than first suspected. Several studies have indicated that a long term user/abuser of Ethos is unable to find satisfaction with even an 82 degree AFoV eyepiece and will do most anything to achieve that WFF (Wide Field Fix).

There are a great number of cases of Ethos user/abusers who have sold everything in their rush to satisfy their addiction. Probably the most unique response was a single individual who removed the field stops from a large collection of eyepieces in an attempt to achieve that 100 degree fix.

This individual was last seen wandering about a dark observing field shaking and inconsolably mumbling, "It's not just the 100 degree AFoV, it's those pinpoint stars right up to the edge..."

:eyepop:

wavelandscott
01-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Okay, a bit late in the day for you guys...but a few hours early for me to post this...

I'd love to take credit for it but it was originally posted last year on AstroMart (I don't recall the originator)...I combined two posts and edited it slightly for an enjoyable April 1st!

cookie8
01-04-2009, 01:37 PM
LOL:rofl:Almost got sucked in.

JethroB76
02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
haha, yeah I remembered that one from last year :lol: